I was productive last weekend, I just had the sudden urgency to walk around. It was really windy and chilly when I left for brunch on a Sunday, but turns-out to be a good day. Had brunch at the Eastern Market. I really wanted to come by this part, not far from Capitol actually. It's in a neighborhood of houses (like townhouses, close together). And the market was like a Farm Market, old building, seller in the building. it wasn't that big of a building. and my NFT book advised me to try the crabcake of one of its vendor, so I did and it was really good

Then I walk up to Capitol (I planned for this. and I planned to have a break from walking somewhere and read my book -i am currently on the confession of EHM) so i bought a piece of brownies from the market..but...i couldn't stand myself, i ate it since i was still in the market..hahaha. So I ended up passing the Supreme Court, the Library of Congress, passing the Capitol, and headed for the Union Station (by then, bye-bye brownies).
The Union Station building is lovely, look better than the Grand Station, NY. Maybe it was hard for those Hollywood producers to get permission to shoot there, or else it would be a better deal.
Unfortunately no picture of the Union Station (my focus was finding the Metro entry). Below is a picture of one of the Library of Congress building and the Supreme Court (the sky looks like its painted)

Supreme Court. Nice picture, hah? the cloud it so artistic-like
There was a man with his mouth taped in front of the Supreme Court. But no sign on him, I didn't know why he was there for. or maybe it's simple refering the Supreme Court as being silent..don't know. and it was a Sunday, nobody but me and fellow-tourist was there. couldn't figure that one out...
Well, manage to run around the city that day...but I had a plan to watch a Wind Symphony in the Kennedy Center for Art. you see the NFT said that you should not be intimidated with this Center, because it has a lot of programs for a layman like myself. So, I really thought it was going to be intimidating..but turns out, it wasn't a big deal. The stucture of the Union Station was even better than this building :-) but the view was great, we could see the Water Front.


Manage to meet up with Puspini (not pictures yet. She's heading back to Indonesia this week) and manage to meet up with Mo'ayed at his second day in DC (he did the typical tourist walk. starting at 11am and he has dead-tired at 5pm hahaha. did that, done that...and will never do that again. i'm sticking to the metro from now on..hahaha).

No comments:
Post a Comment