Friday, October 07, 2005

After all..

Today I went to the social security office with 2 new friends. One of them, Li Ping, I met here in the bus stop, we live in the same building. We made conversation just because the Wolfbus was late and we exchange telp number (we both are using cingular..so it's free to call each other). We plan to go together by bus to the ss office, but yesterday morning she phoned me, telling that her friend also needs to go to the ss office and her friend has a friend who is taking her. This friend of Li Ping is Jamila, she is from Algeria but her mother is Russian (she speaks French, Arabic, Russian and also English..wow. she is only 22 and is doing her PhD in electrical engineering...doing something about 3-dimension cognitive??? not sure what it means).

In short we all got our ss number, but what was exciting is this was the first trip out of campus for Jamila. We decided to ask her friend who took us to just leave us their because it was a long wait. We said we will manage our way back, luckily I was prepared, I googled the way to go to the office by public transport before coming, because I thought we were going by bus (if you haven't known, I am actually a kinda public-transport freek. I love going around in cities by public transport and figuring out routes. Weird? I know... the best place of public transport right now is still Singapore. Congrats Singapore!) It took us 2 bus transfer to get back, and Jamila was really excited.

The trip was good and easy. I wish I could take them around, unfortunately I don't have a car, and can't take them driving anywhere. Jamila lives on campus.

Anyway I told her if she wanted to go downtown to the museum, that I can take her. But the moral of the story is that even without friends taking me or even without a car, I have been around and can use my bike..and I am not afraid to go out and get lost (after all, I'm a public transport & non-motorized transport freek :D)

2 comments:

Rika, Mamanya Naufal said...

Za, that's your karma for spending too much time with Mamad :p

'za said...

iya nih..tau ga, waktu di bangkok, yang paling menyenangkan bukan ngeliat istana, tapi menggunakan sky-train dan boat. wow, water-public transport...very cool!! singapore is good, but bangkok was also interesting :D